Below you’ll find the bookmarklets that I find most useful as a Web Developer/Online Marketer (for use in FireFox and Internet Explorer). The original source of these come from squarefree.com. They have a ton more there.
Custom work on any website typically involves forms. Anything from the Administrative CMS config kind to collecting visitor information. As a website developer, its nice to have as many helpful shortcuts as you can when dealing with these forms.
- Form POST To GET – IE/FF – After activated it forces POST forms to submit as a GET. This will typically break the ability to use a form properly but allows you to see what variables are being passed.
- Toggle Checkboxes – IE/FF – Some forms (particularly CMS like ones) sometimes have a long list of rows with checkboxes next to them all. If there isn’t a “select all” option, you may be clicking for a while. Using this will automatically select all checkboxes on a page.
- Enlarge Textareas – IE/FF – It can be rather frustrating when a textarea box isn’t big enough for you to type or reread everything you’ve put into it. Use this to give yourself 5 extra rows of text (repeatable).
- Password Viewer – IE/FF – Shows the contents of password fields. Useful for obtaining a password that you’ve been letting FireFox remember.
- Remember Password – FF – Some forms tell FireFox not to use the “remember password” feature. This allows you to override that setting and use it anyways.
Different ways to manage links to sort out the type of links there are.
- Links To Full URL’s – IE/FF – Converts all links on a page to the full URL’s that they link to.
- Hide Visited – IE/FF – Hide links you’ve already been to. A lot of sites dont use the “a .visited” CSS tag. This will help you sort through what you have and haven’t seen yet.
- Colorize By Internal/External Links – IE/FF – Colorizes all the links on a page. Internal Links = Red, External Links = Blue, In-Page links = Orange.
- Topography With Borders – FF -Shows the nesting of div/tables by creating 3d borders around all elements. Great for troubleshooting where you might have missed a closing div.
- Topography With Colors – IE/FF – Same as above but works in IE and is less likly to break the page because it doesn’t add borders.
- View Cookies & Remove Cookies – Quickly view and remove cookies for the current site you’re viewing. Great for troubleshooting site functionality.
- Digg All – Automatically diggs your friends submitted content when on that friends page.
Entrupeners, Subscribe for the lastest tools, tips, and tutorials.